About the Bursary
Criteria for Applicants
· The applicant must be a student
or researcher from any discipline at post-graduate level or higher in an
· He/she is required to be resident in Paris for the 3 month period for the purposes of access to research sources, attendance at a French centre of learning or an apprenticeship.
· He/she must reside at the Centre Culturel Irlandais in Paris during this period.
· He/she must present work at a public event in the Centre Culturel Irlandais, Paris entitled ‘The Rev. Liam Swords Foundation Presentation 2018’. This will most likely take place in Nov. 2018.
· He/she must present work at a public event in the Royal Irish Academy (RIA), Dublin entitled ‘The Rev. Liam Swords Foundation Presentation 2018’. This will most likely take place in Feb. 2019.
· He/she must provide digital copy of work for inclusion on the official Foundation website.
Value of Bursary
The scholarship will pay for accommodation at the Centre Culturel Irlandais, currently costing €1000/month approximately for a room with a study. This will be paid directly to the Centre Culturel Irlandais. A further stipend of €700/month for travel and living expenses will be offered to the winning applicant. This will be paid by bank transfer at the end of each month. A further €200 will be given to cover travel expenses. The final amount will be paid after the Fr. Liam Swords Foundation Presentation.